Annual Accounting Service
At Hames Partnership we understand that every business is unique and whether it be the smallest sole trader, a partnership or a large limited company, we have the experience and skills to give you the best advice for your business.
We begin by discussing your specific requirements with you and then we set up appropriate accounting procedures and controls.
We ensure your accounts are kept fully up-to-date and in compliance with statutory regulations.
We offer a free 1 hour no-obligation consultation to discuss your business needs. It costs nothing but might open your eyes to what we can achieve for you.
Management accounting reports are crucial in understanding your business and in facilitating business decisions.
We have dedicated members of staff who travel across the country to our client’s premises delivering our bespoke service of management accounts to a variety of business sectors.
We can provide you with regular management accounts to keep you informed on essential areas such as:
- Performance ratios
- Customer activity
- Credit control
Not only do we deal with all the above, but we can also introduce new business processes and help with the installation of Accounting Software packages.
Personal Tax & Self Assessment
Hundreds of thousands of taxpayers are penalised by HMRC each year.
It can be very costly if:
- Deadlines are missed
- Incorrect returns are delivered
- Appropriate records are not maintained or presented
Our aim is to spare you the headaches and free up your valuable time by offering a comprehensive Individual Self-Assessment service including:
- Collating your bank, building society, stockbrokers etc data for your personal tax return
- Calculating your tax liability
- Completing and filing your tax return on your behalf
- Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
- Advising on appropriate record retention
- Introducing you to any tax saving ideas
- Representing you in the event of you being selected for investigation by HMRC.
Find out how we can spare you the burden of self-assessment, contact us now.
Monthly / Quarterly Bookkeeping
The last thing you want in your business is to have valuable time and resources tied up with routine bookkeeping and accounting.
That’s something we can do for you, either at your office or at ours.
High quality accounting records are produced by our experienced bookkeepers via our various software packages to produce detailed, essential business information for our clients.
We predominantly use Sage 50 software, but we also have experience with Quick books and Xero.
As part of this service, the bank account(s) and all other balance sheet items will be reconciled in readiness for the year end accounts to be prepared by one of our team of accountants.
We have dedicated members of staff who regularly visit clients to complete monthly bookkeeping at client premises, enabling us to really get to know you and your business.
Contact one of our friendly team to discuss your needs in more detail.
VAT Reporting & Compliance
VAT can be the bane of everyone affected by it.
The complex regime of regulations imposes a tremendous administrative burden on businesses.
With the rate being so high, mistakes in calculating VAT can be costly – and the rigid system of penalties and interest charges for mistakes and the late submission of returns adds to that burden.
Our cost-effective VAT compliance and planning services can relieve you of this headache.
Our team of VAT professionals will help to keep your VAT affairs in order, make sure you are collecting the right amounts for each transaction, and ensure that you make payments and file returns correctly and on time.
In addition to providing a comprehensive bookkeeping and VAT accounting service, we can also advise on and help with:
- The pros and cons of voluntary registration
- The timing of compulsory registration
- Making Tax Digital
- Flat rate VAT schemes
- Partial exemption
- VAT on imports and exports
- VAT control visits from HMRC
- Selecting the right VAT scheme for your business
Please get in touch for a VAT health check and to see how we can relieve you of the burden.
Statutory Company Record Keeping
The Companies Act requires companies to submit various documents within strict time limits.
Not only is this an administrative burden, failure to comply can result in potentially severe penalties for directors.
We can relieve you of the stress and worry by helping with your statutory duties.
Our service includes:
- Preparing and filing accounts and Confirmation Statements to Companies House
- If required, providing your company with a registered office address
- Maintaining statutory registers –
- Register of Allotments
- Register of Transfers
- Register of Members
- Register of Directors
- Register of Secretaries
- Register of Director’s Interests
- Register of Mortgages and Charges
- Preparing and filing Companies House forms recording –
- Changes of Officers
- Changes of Registered Office
- Increases in share capital
- Share allotments
- Changing accounting reference date
Click our ‘Contact Us’ page and find out how we can help support your business needs
New Business Setups
You want to start a business because you’re an entrepreneur with a great idea and the vision to realise it, we can help make it a reality.
We have plenty of advice to help you get off to a great start.
One thing is for sure with a start-up business – you will encounter stress. Surely it makes sense that you utilise your time doing what you do best and leave tax returns and general accounting to someone you can trust?
Let us ensure you pay minimum tax when your tax return is sent in at the end of the year.
If you’re undecided, just get in touch with us and have a chat. It costs nothing but might open your eyes to what we can achieve for you and your start-up business.
Get in touch with us today on 01455 292005 and find out what we can achieve for you and your business.
Administering your payroll can be time consuming and burdensome, diverting energy and resources from the core activities of your business.
With the growing complexity of taxation and employee legislation along with penalties for non-compliance, we are confident our services will benefit your business.
Our qualified, experienced payroll specialists are committed to provide a payroll service that leaves our clients free to focus on running their business with complete confidence that their staff will be accurately paid on time.
Even if you have just a few employees we are confident you will make savings by engaging us to administer your payroll.
Our comprehensive and confidential payroll service includes:
- Weekly or Monthly Payroll
- Payslips and reports accessible via our secure Sage Payroll online portal
- Administration of PAYE, national insurance, statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay etc
- Administration of pension schemes including auto-enrolment
- Completion of statutory forms to issue to your employees and submit to HMRC
- Payroll year end returns
- Summaries and analysis of staff costs
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, and ex-gratia and termination payments
- Taxable benefits and P11D completion
“We have been with Hames for a number of years as our Accountants. Our Client Manager Tom Cheney has been a great source of support for our business over the years. Anything from advice on purchases to cash flow suggestions – he is always available to give advice. We also use Hames for our payroll and personal tax – they are always extremely efficient and everyone that you need to contact is friendly, helpful, professional and knowledgeable.“
I can’t recommend Hames highly enough.
S. M. – Label Manufacturer